On Thursday, August 11, 2011, Mercer Capital’s Timothy R. Lee, ASA and attorney L. Paul Hood, Jr., JD, LLM will present The Business Appraisal Report: Perfecting the Art in a webcast sponsored by BV Resources.
In this webcast, Lee and Hood will highlight issues discussed in their recently published book A Reviewer’s Handbook to Business Valuation, offering their unique perspectives from both a business appraiser’s and attorney’s point of view.
There is perhaps no more important aspect to a business appraisal than the valuation report: the tangible result of a long, complicated, ephemeral process. Without the report neither a determination of value nor the methods by which that determination was calculated can be communicated. Indeed, there is surely a long list of appraisers whose work has been dismissed, downgraded, or ignored because their report lacked the necessary clarity.
In “Business Appraisal Reports: Perfecting the Art,” attorney L. Paul Hood Jr. joins valuation expert Timothy Lee to address what makes an appraisal report work. No matter the end user’s role, from attorney to business owner, this presentation will focus on what’s necessary to convey a convincing conclusion of value.
- Introduction: BV foundations
- BV Standards and their role in report writing
- Lessons from the trenches
- Alleged Errors of Omission by appraisers
- Alleged errors of commission
- Burning issues and emerging trends within the appraisal profession
- Practical tips and thoughts
- Identify areas of frequent confusion and frustration for the users of business appraisal services
- Understand that disagreements within the business appraisal profession regarding the use (and misuse) of certain methodologies create uncertainty in the minds of the users of business appraisal services
- Understand how users of appraisal reports can assist appraisers in the appraisal process
- Reconcile methodologies and underlying assumptions depending upon the nature of the business and the facts and circumstances underlying it
Featuring: L. Paul Hood Jr. (Attorney at Law) and Timothy Lee (Mercer Capital)
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2011
Time: 1:00pm-2:40pm ET / 12:00pm – 1:40pm CT / 10:00am-11:40am PT
CPE Credits: 2
Price: $139 webinar / $199 webinar and Training Pack*
(*Training Pack includes a complete recording, transcript, presentation and reading materials)
To learn more about this webcast, or to register, visit www.bvresources.com